Friday, June 26, 2015

Do Overs

Ever need a "do over"?  I do. I have let the twin evils of sugar and flour creep in and become a "normal" part of my food intake. Over the past year I managed to break both habits and reserved flour and sugar for rare social occasions. The past three months have blown all of my hard work! But, never fear, I will just call a do over and start again.  I am declaring a moratorium on sugar and flour for the month of July. If you want to join me in this, please believe that it's not easy. Flour and sugar are as addictive as crack cocaine. But they are not fuel that your body needs. Imagine packing a parka to go to the beach. Useless. Takes up room that's needed for things you do need. It's very worth the pain of breaking the habit.
I will list some of the things that I will ban: soda, diet soda, packaged sweeteners, dessert, sweet breakfasts, wheat bread, white bread, pancakes, syrup, corn bread, most cereals, juice
I will keep local honey and all fruits on the line up. 
Let me know if you decide to take the challenge with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment