Saturday, August 15, 2015

2 mile run

Now you would think that this is the easy part! I would bet that most triathletes start as runners and add biking and swimming. I hate running!! It hurts my Achilles' tendons terribly. It's boring. It feels awkward and plodding. I hate it. I have tried to get into the 5k craze like the rest of America but I just hate every step. The only running that I enjoy is a short sprint - that's what I ran in track back in the day, so I guess that's just what I learned to do. I have practiced at the track, on the treadmill, down our road at home. Nothing. 
But last week I decided to try our new walking track. It's about a mile around and it's very nice. I still hated it but I hated it less and I can see learning to like it. On a really really good day, I can run 2 15 minute miles on the treadmill. Somehow I will have to get that down to 2 10 minute miles on pavement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment