Saturday, August 15, 2015

300 meter swim

Swimming will be the easiest part for me. Not to say that it's easy.  But I'm a good swimmer and I took a lifeguarding class in college so I have done this part before. I had been doing a little swimming already. But it's really physically challenging so my efforts were pretty pitiful. I have discovered that our pool is 25 meters long (sure feels longer) so I will have to swim 6 laps (down and back).  I had worked up to being able to swim 5-6 free style laps resting.......actually gasping for breath....at EACH end of the pool before I had this triathlon idea. 
Now I have gotten strong enough to swim a lap with no break and I can even do 1.5 laps with no break but it's pretty frightening to watch......think drowning victim. Last week I decided to time my laps: I can swim a lap in 55 seconds with a 2 minute break before the next lap. That's a total of 18 minutes in the water. 
I looked at time results for some past triathlons and I will have to get that time down to 7 minutes. Which of course means swim six laps with no break. I have no idea how I will ever accomplish that but I am stronger every week. And this part is actually fun.....well, not the drowning parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment