Saturday, August 15, 2015

Triathlon

I started working out at my local gym in March of 2014 (17 months ago) because my friend wanted to loose weight and thought she would do better with a group. I didn't want to do it. I had tried the gym several times and hated it. But I agreed to try. We hired a trainer and and worked out with her twice a week and ate her meal plan for three months. Finally, finally I began to see some progress. I was getting stronger and I was getting more lean. And I was having fun! Ever since then I have been on an upward spiral toward healthy living. 
One thing I know about myself, I get bored and quit things if they don't change. So since we have ventured out on our own (March) without our wonderful trainer, I have been looking for something that will grab my attention and will be fun. After several different experiments I have settled on "training" for a triathlon.  I have chosen one that takes place in April in nearby Tupelo. It is called a "half sprint" and is supposed to be great for beginners. 
It consists of 300 meters in the water, an 11 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run. I am physically able to do each of these three things already. Not NEARLY in the expected time frame and certainly not back to back. I am going to write one separate blog on my initial efforts in each area. 
I have told myself that it doesn't matter if I ever actually compete in the race. It is enough just to train.  Anyway, feel free to follow along with me on this adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment